Working Families Tax Credit
A new tax credit for Washington workers
Individuals and families may receive up to $1,200 back if they meet certain eligibility requirements. Applications open 2023.
Individuals and Families
Get money back on taxes you’ve already paid.
Help individuals and families maximize their refunds.
Spread the word about this new tax credit.
Who is eligible for a tax credit?
Applications open in 2023 for the 2022 tax year and are accepted through December 31, 2023. Individuals and families are eligible for the Working Families Tax Credit if they meet all of the following requirements:
- Have a valid Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
- Lived in Washington a minimum of 183 days in 2022 (over half the year).
- Are at least 25 and under 65 years of age OR have a qualifying child in 2022.
- Filed a 2022 federal tax return.
- Eligible to claim the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) on their 2022 tax return (or would meet the requirements for EITC but are filing with an ITIN).
- Go to www.irs.gov/EITC to learn more.
What are the income requirements?
The credit amount varies depending on the number of qualifying children and income level.
The maximum credit amount ranges from $300 to $1,200 depending on the number of qualifying children (see table below). These amounts are then reduced based on income thresholds, similar to the federal program. The minimum credit amount is $50, regardless of the number of qualifying children.
|Number of qualifying children||Applicant must make less than the following||Maximum credit amount|