If you choose to receive your Working Families Tax Credit refund on a prepaid debit card, you will be mailed a Visa® prepaid debit card issued by U.S. Bank. Your full refund will be automatically loaded onto your card. You will also have access to your funds right away and you can use your card to make purchases, pay bills, or get cash. There is no cost to sign up, and no credit check or bank account required.
- Prepaid debit cards will only be issued in the name of the primary applicant, and only one card will be issued.
- The prepaid debit card will be sent to the mailing address you provided on your application. If your mailing address changes, please contact us right away.
- Once a refund has been issued on a prepaid debit card, we cannot change your method of payment. Please ensure all information you have provided is accurate.
U.S. Bank's ReliaCard 24-hour Cardholder Service
For questions about your card, you may log into your account at usbankreliacard.com or contact U.S. Bank’s Cardholder Services 24 hours a day, toll-free at 855-282-6161. The following can be done through U.S. Bank’s cardholder services:
- Card activation.
- Choose or change your Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Fee information.
- Balance inquiry.
- Enroll in text alerts, get assistance with mobile application, or cardholder website.
- Card replacements.
- Reissuance of a returned card to a new address.
- Review recent transaction history.
- Report card lost or stolen and have it reissued.
- Speak to a live representative if additional assistance is needed.
Questions about your Working Families Tax Credit Refund
For questions such as determining eligibility, the credit amount, or when you will receive your credit, call the WFTC call center at 360-763-7300, Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (closed Thursdays from 8 to 9 a.m.). You can also get information and assistance by logging into your My DOR account or using the Where’s My Refund? tracker.
Frequently asked questions
- What should I do if I change addresses?
Report your change of address to both WFTC and U.S. Bank. Contact:
- U.S. Bank’s Cardholder Services at 855-282-6161 or visit usbankreliacard.com.
- WFTC Call Center at 360-763-7300, Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (closed Thursdays from 8 to 9 a.m.).
- How long does it take to receive my prepaid debit card?
Once your WFTC application is approved and U.S. Bank receives your enrollment information, your prepaid debit card will be mailed within two business days. Please allow seven to ten business days for the postal service to deliver the card to you. Your card will come in a plain white windowed envelope, and then you simply follow the activation instructions that arrive with your card.
- What information will come with the prepaid debit card?
The card will be sent to you along with:
Instructions on how to activate the card.
- A complete Fee Schedule explaining the fees associated with use of the card.
- The Cardholder Agreement, which discloses terms and conditions.
- A Usage Guide detailing where and how the card can be used.