Where can you cash checks?
- Banked individuals can cash their WFTC check at their own bank. – Free
- Unbanked and banked individuals can cash a WFTC check at Washington State Employees Credit Union (WSECU) branch locations. You do not have to be a state employee or member of the credit union. Learn more about cashing checks at WSECU. – Free
- Individuals can also cash their checks at other check-cashing facilities. – For a fee
WFTC check cashing at WSECU
WSECU offers WFTC check cashing services for free. You do not have to be a state employee to cash a WFTC check. You will need to bring the following to a WSECU branch location:
- The WFTC check with attached check stub (also called a remittance.)
- A valid photo ID (government issued ID, Driver License, Washington State ID, U.S. passport, or a Federal Tribal ID.)
- All payees on the check must be present with a valid photo ID to cash the check.
Frequently asked questions
Cashing WFTC Checks at WSECU
- What do I need to cash a WFTC check at WSECU?
In addition to the WFTC check with the attached check stub, please bring one of the following forms of valid photo ID:
• Washington State Driver License
• Washington State ID
• U.S. passport
• Federal Tribal ID
Please note: IDs with punch holes are not valid.
- What if the WFTC check is made payable to more than one person?
All payees on the check must be present with valid photo IDs to cash the check.
- Can WFTC checks be cashed at the drive-thru?
Current WSECU members can use the drive-thru. We ask that non-WSECU members come into the branch.
- Will WSECU cash other checks for non-members?
WSECU will cash WFTC checks and checks drawn on WSECU accounts for non members. No other checks can be cashed.
- What if the WFTC check is payable to someone who is deceased?
Please work with the deceased payee's financial institution. If the institution will not cash the check, please contact WFTC. WSECU is unable to cash these checks.
- Where can I find WSECU branch locations?
Visit wsecu.org/locations and check "WSECU branches" in the upper left corner of the search.
- Additional WFTC check-cashing questions?
State of Washington WFTC Call Center: 360.763.7300 WSECU Contact Center: 800.562.0999