Do you suspect fraud?
If you suspect fraudulent activity on the Working Families Tax Credit application, report it to us.
Examples that should be reported to the department:
- Applicants who did not live in WA State for at least 183 days.
- Applicants who fraudulently claimed a spouse or qualifying child.
- Applicants who claimed less income than they earned.
- An application was filed using a stolen identity.
- Knowledge of anyone soliciting, phishing for, or obtaining identities to file for the Working Families Tax Credit.
- Suspicion of false or fictitious material or websites purportedly offering Working Families Tax Credit information or services.