The Department of Revenue (DOR) has formed an Outreach Advisory Committee to improve communication channels with individuals applying for the Working Family Tax Credit (WFTC) and partners helping raise awareness of this new program.
The Advisory Committee will directly support the policy objectives established by ESHB 1297 and duties will include:
- Attend bi-monthly, remote meetings to learn about the WFTC program and advise on implementing the Community Engagement Plan developed by the DOR.
- Determine those underserved communities with lower enrollment rates and identify ways to increase awareness and access to the program in those areas.
- Provide recommendations on the development of the program, address administrative challenges, and recommend actions that advance equitable practices.
To promote participation, remove financial barriers, and foster increased access to government, DOR will provide per-hour stipends to people with lived experience who qualify as a Class 1 group under Senate Bill 5793.
The committee has 12 appointed members and two Department of Revenue co-chairs. Members represent customers living in rural and urban areas, community organizations, public sector representatives, and tax preparers/professionals.
|Bree West||Ferry County|
|Jessica Champion||Federal Way|
|Perla Gamboa & Kevin Dixon||Statewide, Committee Co-chairs|
Agendas, slides, and meeting links will be posted before each meeting:
- February 8, 2023, 5:30-7:30 pm
- April 12, 2023, 5:30-7:30 pm
- June 14, 2023, 5:30-7:30 pm
- August 9, 2023, 5:30-7:30 pm
- October 11, 2023, 5:30-7:30 pm
- December 13, 2023, 5:30-7:30 pm
February 8, 2023 meeting
- English agenda (PDF) | Spanish agenda (PDF)
- English slides (PDF) | Spanish slides (PDF) (coming soon)
Member orientation meeting - December 13, 2022.
If you are interested in receiving updates or have any questions, please email Perla Gamboa.